Sunday, December 16, 2007

Essential Question with Driving Questions

Essential Question
What is the secret life of food?

Driving Questions
When a consumer chooses a restaurant or a market to procure food, what influences his or her choice? Curb appeal, smell, menu and price typically lead a consumer to make a choice.

The food group believes consumers should be asking additional questions.
1) What are the distinguishing ingredients used in each ethnic food experienced?

2) Where do the raw ingredients originate?
What ingredients must be imported?
Are the businesses able to use local vendors?

3) Is there a cultural significance behind the ingredients used, preparation techniques or presentation of the food?

4) What are the health benefits and or risks of the food we consume?

Many consumers do not pay close attention to the “secret life” of food. The food group will explore the secret life behind the food consumers purchase and eat while exploring ethnic restaurants throughout Greater Boston.

Cultures to be explored: Irish, Mexican, Chinese, Italian, Brazilian, Indian

6 comments:

JSBerry said...

I am most excited to eat Indian food and just learned that we will need to eat with our right hand...no utensils! What will I do: I am left handed!

Anonymous said...

It will be interesting to try different types of food that I have never even seen before, iam not sure that i will be able to stomach some of the Chinese dishes.
- Pat

Anonymous said...

I am excited to go to the Indian restaurant because I have never eaten indian food before. I don't know what my reaction to the chinese food will be after we go to the market though.

Anonymous said...

i am excited to go back to ana's because i havent been there in a while an it will be fun to finally eat at the place that my brother and sister always used to take me to...

Anonymous said...

I am most excited about the brasilian brbacue and the authentic chinese restaurant because how much fun is food when you have no idea what it is

-ian

Anonymous said...

This site needs more essential questions. Like things that you can research about